to make 10 magnums.
For the ice cream base:
- 70 gr x 2 Cardamom Leaves sugar
- 60 gr double cream
- 120 gr Cardamom Leaves liquid
- 500 ml semi skimmed milk
- 6 pieces egg yolk
- 1 gr xanthan gum
For the coating:
- 1 tbsp full Kaffir Lime Leaves powder
- 200 gr white chocolate
- 100 gr organic coconut oil
- Bring to simmer the milk, 70gr of Cardamom Leaves sugar and the Cardamon Leaves liquid.
- Blanch the other 70gr of sugar with caster sugar and the egg yolk.
- Pour the hot milk mix slowly on the eggs, sugar mix and put back on the stove.
- Cook slowly and whisk constantly ( crème anglaise technique) until you reach 80C.
- Cool down rapidly by pouring the content in a large bowl and immersing the bowl mid way in ice cold water, stir time to time.
- Once cold, pour the mixture into the magnum mold and freeze.
- Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil and combine together.
- Add the Kaffir Lime Leaves powder and combine well.
- Dip each frozen magnum into the coating once and put back in the freezer.
- Serve in due time.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress