- 20 stem Zorri Cress
- 4 each Floregano
- 4 leaves Shiso Leaves Purple
- 4tsp Zorri oil
- 20gr melted ghee
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 4 medium carrots
- 12 each small silverskin onions
- 40gr chana dal
- 20gr chia seeds
- salt and white ground pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- Using a Japanese mandoline, make some fine long strips out of the carrot and keep the middle, (the cylinder left over from the machine) to poach in the vegetable stock.
- Cook the carrot strip flat , in a hot oven, with a drizzle of Zorri oil and the seasoning.
- Fry the Shiso Leaves Purple in vegetable oil and burn the small onions with a torch.
- Brush the poached carrot with the ghee and roll them in the Chia seeds.
- Add the Chana Dal on top of each carrot, cylinder.
- Dress the plate with the carrot strip, carrot cylinder, freshly cut Zorri Cress, the fried Shiso leaves, Floregano, the silverskin onions and a drizzle of Zorri oil.
To make 150ml of Zorri oil:
- Emulsion one punnet of Zorri Cress with 150ml of Grapeseed oil in a high speed blender.
- Pass through a coffee filter overnight, collect the oil and reserve the pulp to add flavor other dishes such as gnocchi, mash potatoes , consommé, soupe…etc.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress