Algae Powder Aventurine, Umami – Chlorella Sorokiniana
Algae Powder Aventurine starts with the familiar umami Algae flavour after it transitions into a slightly sweet and sour aftertaste
- Africa, Asia, Australia, Central Europe, North America, North Europe, South America, South Europe
- Taste / Aroma
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, Coquille St Jacques, Easter, Herring, Lobster, Mussel, Oyster, Strawberry, Valentine's Day
- 12-16 °C, Dry
Algae Powder Aventurine starts with the familiar umami Algae flavour after it transitions into a slightly sweet and sour aftertaste.
Algae Powder Aventurine is a source of Omega 3 & 6 and is suitable for a multitude of applications and combinations, from savory dishes to sweet desserts.
Origin, How it all began
Algae have been proven to exist for over 2 billion years on our globe, making It a vital asset of the earth's ecosystems. The Aztecs have the oldest registered encounter of algae consumption. Spanish conquistadors found the indigenous people fishing a blue-green slurry from the water, which they dried in the sun to be consumed for their powerful source of chlorophyll (leaf green) and contain a high content (> 60%) of proteins, vitamins, trace elements and Omega 3 fatty acids.
This algae powder is from the Chlorella genus and were first discovered in the canals of Delft, the Netherlands by M.W. Beijerink In 1889. There are over a hundred varieties of this algae, making it possible to select specific types of Chlorella for their aromatic and visual properties. Algae can become an important and sustainable replacement for animal protein. Algae are also said to help cleanse the body, provide extra energy and support the immune system.
Algae Powder Aventurine is available all year round and can be stored for up to two years at a temperature of 12–16°C.
3 of 5
2 of 5
1 of 5
3 of 5
- Sweet, Salty, Bitter, Umami
- Alpine, Arabic, Baltic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mediteranean, Nordic, North American, Persian, Peruvian, Turkish
- Can (180 g)
- Decoration, Marinating, Pickling, Smoke, Sous vide
- Cheese, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Main course, Pasta, Pastry, Poultry, Snack, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Mozzarella, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Banana, Coconut, Corn, Cucumber, Lime, Pineapple, Strawberry, Dill, Fennel, Mint, Tarragon, Ants, Insects (others), Pistachio, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Turkey, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Salt, Vanilla, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Celery, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Onion, Couscous, Egg, Rice, Seaweed
- Algen, essbare Algen, Chlorella, Algae