- Morar Shoots
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 g tempura batter mix
- 0.50 l ice-cold water, preferably carbonated water
- A pinch of salt
- Stir the tempura batter mix with a pinch of salt.
- Add the ice-cold water and egg yolks.
- Stir briefly with a whisk.
- The tempura batter is now ready to use.
- Heat a generous amount of oil to 200°C in a deep pan.
- Dip the Morar Shoots in the tempura batter with tweezers.
- Shake off the excess batter and then lower into the oil.
- Fry until golden brown in a few minutes, turning if necessary.
- Remove the tempura from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve immediately with a tasty spicy sesame sauce, soy sauce, or sweet sauce, or as an extra component in Asian and/or fusion cuisine dishes.
Recipe: Eric Miete
Say yes to the cress