Fillet of beef, wheat barley and Wheat Grass
Sousvide cattle tournaments with veal jus and cresses/herbs depending on the season.
- sousvide cattle tournaments
- 200g balsamic vinegar
- 150g sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pieces of juniper berries
- 2 shallots
- 50g sugar
- 50 g white wine vinegar
- 100g rolled barley
- 150g chicken broth
- veal jus
- pickled shallot brunoise
- Rock Chives
- Wheat Grass
- Vacuum the beef tournedos and cook at 54.5°C for 50 minutes. Take it out, let it rest briefly and then fry in a hot pan and roast the beef with a generous amount of butter.
- Brush with varnish, season with Maldon salt and portion.
- Bring everything to the boil and reduce until it has a paste-like consistency.
Cut shallots in brunoise. Bring sugar and white wine to the boil with 50g of water and pour over the pour brunoise. Then let it cool down to room temperature.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sweat the barley a little, then add it to the pan.
- Pour chicken broth and simmer or simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Then with a few flakes of butter, 2 teaspoons of shallot brunoise, veal jus and Maldon salt to taste.
- Finally stir in the chopped Rock Chives and Wheat Grass.
Recipe: Sandra Scheidl
Say yes to the cress