Brussels sprouts skewer on the bbq with apple-elderberry compote, Frank Fol – The Vegetables Chef®
(For 4 portions)
- 500 gr sprouts
- 2 stew apples
- Elderberry syrup
- Arqan argan oil
- Cup of Scarlet Cress Koppert Cress
- Mace powder - Verstegen
- Black pepper - Verstegen
- Smoked sea salt - Verstegen
- 4 skewers
- Clean and wash the sprouts. Put them in a bowl and drizzle some argan oil on top and season with black pepper, mace powder and sea salt.
- Now prick the sprouts on the 4 skewers.
- Grill on a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Turn over regularly so that the Brussels sprouts are nicely colored all over without burning.
- Peel, core and dice the apples.
- Stew under the lid gently with 4 tablespoons of elderberry syrup.
- When the apples are done, mix everything into a smooth compote.
To finish off:
- Place compote in a jar or on a large plate in the center.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the skewer and serve cold or warm for dipping.
- Finish with some Scarlet Cress.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Plate: Wild White Plate
Say yes to the cress