Shiso Green, Mint, anise
In Japan, there is actually no fish dish without Shiso. The taste of this plant belongs to raw fish. This does not prevent the non-Japanese chef from using it too.
- Taste / Aroma
- Mint, anise
- Spring, Summer, Winter, Asparagus, Coquille St Jacques, Easter, Fathers Day, Game, Lobster, Mothersday, Mussel, Oyster, Pumpkin, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Valentine's Day
- Warm, 12-16 °C
The taste of Shiso Green combines very well with (raw) fish.
It fits very well on a plateau of cheese, in a salad and on a sandwich. As fresh tuna fish is widely available, try raw tuna tartar in combination with the Shiso Green it is a winner. Another option is making it part of a Beef Carpaccio.
Shiso Green is commonly used in North East Asia. Hardly any fish is eaten without the green leafed herb. One reason is the preventive effect of this plant towards food poisoning (Not a bad idea if one considers that most fish is consumed raw). Both the green and the red Shiso are known in Asia as ingredient against food poisoning, with conserving characteristics and the ability to improve intestine activity.
Shiso Green is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 12-16°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Shiso Green meets the hygienic kitchen standards. The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Bitter, Sour, Sweet
- Asian, Chilean, Chinese, Creolic, French, Indian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediteranean, Persian, Portugese, Spanish, Thai
- Solitair (16 items), CressSingle, CressSleeve
- Baking, Blanching, Blending, Blitzing / Mashing, Breading, Chopping, Cold infusion, Confiture, Drying, Extracting, Fermenting, Freezing, Gel, Hot infusion, Macerate, Marinating, Oil, Pasta / Dough, Pickling, Smoke, Sous vide, Stir frying, Syrup
- Alcohol, Breakfast, Cheese, Cocktail, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Functional, Game, Infusion, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pastry, Pizza, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Tea, Vegetarian, Vegetables, Water
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Rum, Vodka, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Apricot, Banana, Berries, Blueberry, Cherry, Citrus, Coconut, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Mango, Olives, Orange, Passion fruit, Peach, Pear, Peas, Pineapple, Plum, Granatapfel, Pumpkin, Raspberry, Red fruit, Strawberry, Tomato, Watermelon, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Basil, Mint, Tarragon, Beans, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Shiitake mushroom, Truffle, Mushrooms (others), Almonds, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Turkey, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Cinnamon, Cumin, Vanilla, Chili, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Beetroot, Celery, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Kale, Kidney beans, Lettuce, Onion, Rhubarb, Couscous, Egg, Olive oil, Ponzu, Rice, Soy sauce, Sugar, Tofu, Yuzu, Tonic
- Riboflavin / Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Calcium
- Wok, Curry, Perilla Cress, wilder Sesam