Planifolia Black - Vanilla, Black Dutch Vanilla
Dutch premium cultivated vanilla, handpicked and ripened in special ripening cabinets. Rich in marrow and vanillin. A full, intense and enchanting romance between flowers and spices.
- Asia, South America
- Taste / Aroma
- Leather, spice, nut, earthy, wood
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, Christmas, Coquille St Jacques, Easter, Game, Lobster, Mushroom, Oyster, Strawberry, Valentine's Day
- Warm, 12-16 °C, Dry, Dark
Planifolia Black is rich in pith and vanillin. A full, intense and enchanting romance between flowers and spices with specific notes of leather, nuts, earth and wood.
Chefs and pastry chefs prefer to use vanilla for its perfect flavour. A flavour that combines well with many other ingredients.
Vanilla (Tlilxochitl) is native to Mexico. In ancient Mexico, the Totonacs, in the region now known as Veracruz, were considered producers of the best vanilla. The Mayas and Aztecs had developed a divine drink made of chocolate and vanilla. The Spaniards were so fond of this that Hernán Cortés (conquistadores) brought the vanilla and chocolate back to Spain and introduced it to Europe.
"Vanilla crops outside, think of Madagascar, are more likely to be damaged by bad weather such as typhoons. Theft is also a problem: the beans are regularly stolen because of their high value. For these reasons, the beans are picked unripe which results in the thin dried sticks you buy in the supermarket. We wanted to do better, so we started producing vanilla in Dutch greenhouses. Only in this way can you imitate the ideal growing climate year-round without risky natural conditions and without pesticides or other chemicals. The result? Four to five thousand square meters of beautiful, rich and buttery vanilla beans of the highest quality."
Planifolia Black are harvested once a year and are available all year round due to their shelf life, while stocks last. Keep can closed, store dry at room temperature.
Produced according to socially responsible cultivation methods, Planifolia Black satisfy hygiene standards in the kitchen. Pods are cultivated cleanly and hygienically.
4 of 5
2 of 5
2 of 5
2 of 5
3 of 5
- Sweet, Salty, Sour, Bitter, Umami
- African, Alpine, Arabic, Argentinian, Asian, Australian, Balkan, Baltic, Chilean, Chinese, Creolic, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Indian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediteranean, Mexican, Nordic, North American, Oriental, Persian, Peruvian, Polish, Portugese, Russian, South American, Spanish, Swiss, Thai, Turkish, Oriental
- Can (6 pcs)
- Baking, Blanching, Blending, Blitzing / Mashing, Breading, Bruising, Canning, Chopping, Cold infusion, Confiture, Covering, Decoration, Deep frying, Drying, Extracting, Fermenting, Filling, Freezing, Garnish, Gel, Gratinate, Grilling, Hot infusion, Injection, Juicing, Liquify, Macerate, Marinating, Oil, Osmosis, Pasta / Dough, Pickling, Roasting, Skinning, Smoke, Sous vide, Steaming, Stir frying, Syrup
- Black, Brown
- Alcohol, Breakfast, Cake, Cheese, Cocktail, Coffee, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Functional, Game, Grill, Infusion, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pastry, Pizza, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Tea, Vegetarian, Vegetables, Water
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Rum, Vodka, Mozzarella, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Coffee, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Apricot, Banana, Berries, Blueberry, Cherry, Citrus, Coconut, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Mango, Olives, Orange, Passion fruit, Peach, Pear, Peas, Pineapple, Plum, Granatapfel, Pumpkin, Raspberry, Red fruit, Strawberry, Tomato, Watermelon, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Basil, Chives, Fennel, Mint, Parsely, Rosemary, Tarragon, Anise, Ants, Insects (others), Beans, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Shiitake mushroom, Mushrooms (others), Almonds, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Walnut, Nuts, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Turkey, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Black pepper, Cinnamon, Cumin, Mustard, Salt, Chili, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Beetroot, Celery, Broccoli, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Kale, Kidney beans, Lettuce, Onion, Potato, Radish, Rhubarb, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Bread, Couscous, Egg, Liquorice, Olive oil, Ponzu, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Seaweed, Soy sauce, Sugar, Tofu, Yuzu, Tonic