(To Make 10 sushi)
- 10gr Algae Powder Gold
- 1 fine long strip nori sheets
- 80gr skinless salmon fillet
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded, thinly sliced, lengthways
- ¼ avocado, cut into fine wedges or strips
- 1 piece Spring onions, cut into fine juliennes
- wasabi - enough to spread a little
- 10gr pickled sushi ginger, to cut into strips or leave whole depending on sizes.
- Gangnam Tops to serve with the sushi
- dark soy sauce to serve with the sushi
For the rice
- 90gr sushi rice
- 2 tsp Mirin
- 25ml rice vinegar
- 200ml water
- Rinse the rice under clear water and leave to drain in a colander.
- Put the rice in a saucepan and add the water and mirin on top, cook cover on medium heat for 20 minutes and set aside for 15 minutes.
- When ready to use , transfer in a bowl and mix in the rice vinegar.
- Lay a piece of cling film on top of the sushi mat and lay the rice evenly on top.
- Run a pea sized blob of wasabi across the rice and build with the rest of the pre cut and ready to use ingredients.
- Roll up tightly and squeeze to seal when you reach the end, leave aside for a couple of minutes.
- Lay another piece of cling film on the sushi mat and dust the surface with the Algae powder gold.
- Remove the cling film from the sushi roll and roll it again on the sushi mat, making sure that the algae powder covers the whole roll.
- Roll up tightly once again, cut to size, remove the cling film and serve with the Gangnam tops and soya sauce..
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress