Ingredients for 750 milliliters
- 1200 g mirin
- 2 pods Planifolia Black Vanilla
- 333 ml fish sauce
- Put the mirin on high heat and burn off the alcohol.
- In the fire of the mirin, roast the vanilla until smoky and well roasted.
- Add the fish sauce to the mirin.
- Cut open the Planifolia Black Vanilla pods and scrape out the seeds.
- Add the seeds and pod to the mirin mixture, stir well.
- Pour into a container that fits into a food dehydrator.
- Dry at 60°C for 6-8 hours to a syrupy glaze. Each dehydrator is different, so keep a close eye on it.
Say yes to the cress