- 5g Dushi Buttons
- 3g Jasmine Blossom
- 60g sugar
- 100g maple syrup
- 90g oil
- 60g egg
- 140g wheat flour
- 3g baking soda
- 100g strong coffee
- 1g salt
- Black pepper
- Fennel pollen
Coffee chocolate mousse:
- 75g dark chocolate 55%
- 6g sugar
- 25g pasteurized whole eggs
- 125g whipping cream
- 1g gelatine
- 1g instant coffee
Coffee chocolate crumble:
- 40g dark chocolate 55%
- 40g sugar
- 20g water
- 50g strong coffee
- 50g sugar
- Put sugar and syrup in a bowl and stir it together.
- Add the oil little by little while stirring constantly.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring constantly.
- Put black pepper and fennel pollen in a spice grinder and blend to a fine powder
- Mix wheat flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time along with the hot water. (the dough must be thin)
- Put the dough in greased baking tins shaped like domes.
- Bake the spice cakes at 185℃ for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the cakes and turn them out of the moulds.
- Hollow out the spice cakes at the bottom.
- Melt the chocolate over a water bath.
- Stir instant coffee into the cream and whip it to whipped cream.
- Beat eggs and sugar white and fluffy.
- Soak the houseplant in cold water.
- Squeeze the water from the gelatine and melt it in a saucepan with a little bit of coffee or water.
- Turn the melted chocolate into the egg mass.
- Stir the melted gelatine into the chocolate mass and turn the whipped cream in.
- Refrigerate the mousse.
- Put the chocolate in a bowl and melt it over a water bath.
- Put water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Put the pan on the burner and boil sugar and water in a sugar syrup - the syrup must be 145℃ hot.
- Whisk the hot sugar syrup into the melted chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate crumble onto a piece of baking paper and let it dry.
- Put the coffee beans in a spice grinder and grind them.
- Mix crystallized chocolate and coffee together.
- Put coffee and sugar in a saucepan and boil it into a thick coffee syrup.
- Fill the cakes with coffee-chocolate mousse.
- Roll the cakes in coffee syrup and then in the coffee-chocolate crumble.
- Spread Dushi Buttons and Jasmine Blossoms around the cake.
Recipe: Søren Kyed
Say yes to the cress