For 4 portions
- 2 punnets Melissa Cress
- 100gr caster sugar
- 200gr strawberries
- 300ml water
- 1 pinch salt
- 150gr flour
- 100gr butter
- 3 eggs
- vegetable oil for frying
- To make the Melissa Cress flavoured sugar blitz the caster sugar with one punnet of freshly cut Melissa Cress, reserve.
- For the churros, pour the water in a medium saucepan, add the salt and the butter, and bring to boil.
- Add the flour in the water in once and stir until the paste becomes smooth and homogenic.
- Transfer the paste/dough into a mixer and blend in the eggs one at the time.
- Dice half of the strawberries and fold them gently into the mix.
- Using a star pipping nozzle, place the churros mix into a pipping bag.
- Bring the vegetable oil to 180°C and pipe the mix into it, making long cylinders.
- Cook until golden brown and toss each churros into the Melissa Cress sugar.
- Serve with the rest of the strawberries and the other punnet of freshly cut Melissa Cress.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress