(For 4 portions)
- 4 golden apples
- 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 500ml water
- 80g raisin sultana
- 50g red quinoa
- 1 punnet Atsina Cress
- Soak the sultana in freshwater overnight.
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Place in a saucepan with the sugar, water, the juice and zest of one orange.
- Bring to simmer and let cook for 5 minutes, take off the heat and cover the pan, let cool down on its own.
- Cook the red quinoa in cold water.
- Drain the cooked diced apple keeping the juice.
- Using a mixing bowl, mix together the cooked apples, the cooked red quinoa, the soaked sultanas, the zest of the second orange and one punnet of freshly cut Atsina Cress.
- Gather the orange wedges from the remaining orange and dress the plate or serve as a healthy fruit salad.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress