To make a 4 to 6 portions
- 1 punnet Yka Leaves
- 1 stem Zallotti Blossom
- 400gr sweet pastry
- 350gr fresh cut rhubarb
- 150gr caster sugar
- 150gr custard
- 10gr vegetarian gelatin
- 100ml Yka Leaves syrup
The rhubarb compote:
- Wash and cut the rhubarb in chunk and cook cover on a medium heat with 80gr of sugar and one table spoon of water for 15 minutes. Take the lid off and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan and reserve until use.
- Dilute 5g of gelatine in a table spoon of boiling water and add the the simmering custard.
- Reserve aside until use.
The Yka Leaves syrup:
- Bring 120ml of water with the 70gr of the sugar leftover to a boiling point and add ½ punnets of yka Leaves all in once. Keep whisking , the syrup will turn bleu , then it will become pink just afterwards.
- Once pink, pass the syrup straight away into a fine sieve, return to the pan and mix in the other 5gr of gelatin , it will be just enough to set.
- Once the pastry is cooked, spread evenly the rhubarb compote to make the first layer on the bottom of the tart.
- Add the layer of warm custard and let set in a cool place.
- Arrange the rest of the Yka Leaves on top of the set custard in a way to make a nice pattern.
- Pour gently the warm syrup on top of the leaves and let set.
- Once all set , sprinkle some Zallotti Blossoms flowers on top of the tart, it’s now ready to cut and serve.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress