(For 4 portions)
For the sausage and mash:
- 8 leek and pork sausages
- 1 punnet Rock Chives
- ½ punnet Sakura Cress
- 750g to 850g classic mash potatoes
- 50g unsalted butter
- 500ml beef gravy
For the beef and onion gravy:
- 40g butter unsalted
- ½ punnet BroccoCress
- 1 medium onion (finely sliced)
- 300ml beef stock
- 100ml red wine
- 1tbsp plain flour
- seasoning (salt and pepper)
- Cook the sausages in an oven at 160°C for 35 to 40 minutes.
- For the gravy, heat the butter and a large frying pan, add the finely sliced onions and cook gently for 10 to 15 minutes or until the onion is soft and lightly caramelized.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion, stir and cook for 1 minute, gradually stir in the wine and the stock (hot stock).
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat, leave to simmer gently until thickened and add the grossly chopped BroccoCress at the last minute, just before serving.
- Reheat the mash with the 50g of butter, add ½ punnet of chopped Rock Chives and fold in gently, serve immediately.
- Dress the plate, mash at the centre, add the sausages on top and pour the gravy on top of the sausages and all around.
- Add the rest of the Rock Chives and a few leaves of Sakura Cress.
PS: you can also use Daikon Cress instead of BroccoCress
Say yes to the cress