Citra Leaves®, Refreshing sourish citrus notes
The leaf is decorative and silver-coloured on the inside. Citra Leaves have a bold, sour citrus taste.
- South America
- Taste / Aroma
- Refreshing sourish citrus notes
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Coquille St Jacques, Easter, Mothersday, Pumpkin, Strawberry, Valentine's Day
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Citra Leaves® is the Koppert Cress brand name for an edible leaf. The leaf is decorative and silver-coloured on the inside. Citra Leaves have a bold, sour citrus taste. It's reminiscent of Granny Smith apples or light citrus. The sour taste is present in both the leaf and the stem.
Citra Leaves can be used in a wide variety of dishes, from fish to poultry. It is also a good addition to salads or desserts.
Citra Leaves originally comes from the Andes mountains of Chile. There, the leaves are often used as a vinegar replacement. They are also chewed for the refreshing sour taste.
Citra Leaves are available all year round and can be kept for up to nine days at a temperature of between 2-7°C. Produced according to socially responsible cultivation methods, Citra Leaves satisfy hygiene standards in the kitchen.
The products only need rinsing, since they are grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
- Alpine, Argentinian, Asian, Australian, Baltic, Chilean, Creolic, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mexican, Nordic, Peruvian, Portugese, South American, Spanish
- Covering, Decoration, Deep frying, Garnish, Pickling
- Alcohol, Cheese, Cocktail, Coffee, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Functional, Game, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables, Water
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Rum, Vodka, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Coffee, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Apricot, Banana, Berries, Blueberry, Cherry, Coconut, Corn, Cucumber, Figs, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Mango, Orange, Passion fruit, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Plum, Granatapfel, Pumpkin, Raspberry, Red fruit, Strawberry, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Chives, Mint, Beans, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Turkey, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Salt, Vanilla, Chili, Avocado, Carrot, Ginger, Onion, Potato, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Couscous, Egg, Olive oil, Rice, Soy sauce, Sugar, Tofu
- Edible Leaves, Klee, Oxalis