(For 4 portions)
- 2 punnets Chilli Cress
- 24 white asparagus
- 350gr puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 400ml milk
- 50gr butter
- 50gr flour
- 60gr gorgonzola cheese
- 4 small pinches crack black pepper
- 1 pinch white ground pepper
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- Dilute the egg yolk with one tbsp of water and I pinch of sea salt, keep aside.
- Roll the puff pastry and using a round cutter, cut out 4 circles.
- Slightly press down with a smaller cutter in the middle of each circle, brush with the egg yolk and cook the puff pastry case in an oven at 220°C for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool down on a rack once cooked.
- Blanch/cook the white asparagus in salty boiling water and refresh.
- Cut the tips to one third of the length and slice the rest of the asparagus.
- Make a roux with the butter and flour and add the milk, let it cook until thicken (keep whisking) and add 60 gr of gorgonzola cheese toward the end.
- Fold gently into the thick sauce, one punnet of freshly cut and chopped Chilli Cress and the sliced asparagus.
- Fill the puff pastry case, arrange the asparagus tips in each case.
- Serve hot with a piece of gorgonzola, the rest of the Chilli Cress and a little pinch of crack black pepper.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress