- 2 punnets Garden Cress
- 600g mash potatoes
- 225g cod skinned and cubed
- 225g salmon skinned and cubed
- 225g smoked haddock skinned and cubed
- 200g cooked frozen peas
- 400ml milk 400
- 70g butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- seasoning (salt and pepper)
- 8 lemon wedges
- 12pcs Melba toast
- Place the cubes of fish in a medium pan and cover with the milk.
- Place over a gentle heat and slowly bring to boil, simmer for at least 2 minutes.
- Carefully strain the milk from the fish and reserve the milk, put the fish into a bowl and add one chopped punnet of Garden Cress and the cooked frozen peas.
- Make a roux with the butter and flour in a medium pan, add the warm milk, whisk gently until the sauce thickened and season well.
- Pour the sauce in the bowl on top of the fish mix and fold gently.
- Pour the mix into small ramekins, oven dish or kilner jar and pipe the mash on top.
- Baked in the oven at 180°C for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges, Melba toast and the other punnet of fresh Garden Cress.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress