Yka Leaves®, Acidic, slightly sweet
Yka Leaves have a robust, acidic flavour with a slightly sweet undertone.
- South America
- Taste / Aroma
- Acidic, slightly sweet
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Christmas, Coquille St Jacques, Lobster, Mothersday, Oyster, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Valentine's Day
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Yka Leaves® is the Koppert Cress brand name for an edible leaf. Yka Leaves have a robust, acidic flavour with a slightly sweet undertone. With their deep purple colour and delicate markings, they are extremely decorative.
Yka Leaves work well in combinations with lobster, scallops, and shellfish. They also make a delicious addition to vegetable dishes with 'earthy' flavours, incorporating beetroot, root vegetables, or tubers, for instance. They are a perfect accompaniment to smoked or grilled vegetables, fish and meats.
Yka Leaves originate from South America, where they are found in large quantities in natural environments, primarily in Brazil. Yka Leaves form part of a large family: more than 900 different varieties have been described.
Yka Leaves are available year round and can easily be stored for up to nine days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Yka Leaves meet the hygienic kitchen standards. The products only need rinsing, since they are grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
- Alpine, Argentinian, Asian, Creolic, French, Italian, Mexican, Portugese, South American, Spanish
- Blanching, Blending, Blitzing / Mashing, Cold infusion, Confiture, Decoration, Extracting, Freezing, Garnish, Gel, Pickling, Smoke, Syrup
- Blue, Purple, Red
- Alcohol, Breakfast, Cheese, Cocktail, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Functional, Game, Grill, Infusion, Pastry, Poultry, Salad, Starter, Sushi, Tea, Vegetarian, Vegetables, Water
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Rum, Vodka, Mozzarella, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Apple, Banana, Blueberry, Citrus, Coconut, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Mango, Orange, Passion fruit, Peas, Plum, Pumpkin, Strawberry, Watermelon, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Mint, Tarragon, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Almonds, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Walnut, Nuts, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Turkey, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Black pepper, Salt, Vanilla, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Beetroot, Cauliflower, Ginger, Lettuce, Rhubarb, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Couscous, Egg, Olive oil, Ponzu, Rice, Soy sauce, Sugar, Tofu, Yuzu