(For 4 portions)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red allspice
- 2 shallots
- 1 lime
- 2 sprigs of Thai basil
- 40 gr roasted peanuts
- 1 tray of Syrha Leaves
- Olive oil El Flamenco
- Coarse sea salt
- Peel the cucumber
- Cut it lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Keep and mix the seeds with some lime juice and olive oil to make a sauce. Season with some sea salt.
- Cut the cucumber into halfmoon shape of about half a cm thick.
- Finely chop a piece of red allspice without the very spicy seeds.
- Stew the cucumber with the allspice very briefly with some olive oil and sea salt. Let it cool down.
- Finely chop a few leaves of Thai basil and mix with the cucumber salad together with the sauce.
- Finely chop shallot and season with some sea salt. Marinate a little.
- Coarsely chop the roasted peanuts.
- Place the Syrha Leaves in each bowl around.
- Divide the cucumber salad.
- Finish with the garnishes: shallot and peanut
- Drizzle some more olive oil over it.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Techniques: stewing, raw, roasting, marinating
Plate: Wild Moon small ceramic bowl
Recommended drink: Beer Job, Brewery De Kroon – Belgium
Say yes to the cress